Tuesday 3 February 2015

Chocolate Sugar Cookies w Peanut Butter Frosting

My mother informed me that when she makes sugar cookies she typically just uses a premixed variety. Especially since sugar cookies are just a vehicle for other deliciousness. So I had an idea for a chocolate sugar cookie sandwich with peanut butter frosting. My mom gave me some mix so I used it and added cocoa powder.


It was actually kind of a pain in the ass. It took about 4 tablespoons extra flour to make it stable enough to roll out.





Initially I intended just to frost them which is why I made some in Christmas shapes (yes I did this in December and just posting it now)….buuuuuut that was taking a long time. And I was not feeling 100% the day I did this….so sandwich cookies it is.





They were not as chocolatey as I wanted, but the frosting is really good. I think I want to get more mix and make like a drop cookie with raspberry jam in the middle and a drizzle of dark chocolate.

 Like I said, they are vehicle to deliver other things into my face.
--Siobhan xo

1 comment:

  1. It all sounds good to me. I've always loved a sandwich cookie. My gran used to make sugar cookies with home-made jam in the middle and date filled oatmeal sandwich cookies. I never passed one up with tea. :)

    ReplyDelete