Thursday 23 April 2015

Baked Parmesan Zucchini Bites

I needed a quick side dish to go with a curry I was making the other day and I saw someone post a recipe similar to this on a blog somewhere...why can't I ever remember where? I get inspiration from lots of websites and blogs but I never follow a recipe exactly. So once I understand the basic concept I'm done with the site...and then later I realize I should keep them to give credit where it is due.

Anyway, on with the show... 

It's just baked zucchini but it's topped with parmesan cheese.


I had two small zucchini so mine we're bit sized but I think I preferred it that way. So I cut those into coins. Pretty thin...although they was nothing uniform about the knife work this evening so they were all different sizes.


Laid them all out on a baking sheet with parchment paper on it.

 Top them with pepper...


And a hefty pinch of parmesan cheese. 

I'm always happy to add these fast/multi-purpose recipes to my arsenal. The goal is always to get as many veggies into us as possible without too much work.


Then I baked them at 425 for 20 minutes...or until all the cheese is melted and golden.


What a glorious thing melted cheese is. Tell me one thing you could put it on that wouldn't improve it. Ok, fine, there might be a few things...


In this situation there is nothing better than these golden tops.

The parm melts off the sides of the coin and creates a crunchy cheese ring around each piece. 

It truly tastes decadent.


The perfect side to my tofu curry and brown rice. Perfect for snacking. Perfect for hors d'oeuvre. 

I think it would be great with garlic salt instead of just pepper. With feta or cheddar or mozzarella. 

And you're not allowed to feel guilty about the cheese because of the zucchini. Also, it's just a really fast and easy recipe that tastes good and could satisfy a crowd.


-- Siobhan xo

1 comment: