Tuesday 7 April 2015

Hummingbird Cake

I made this for my hubs 30th birthday. I used a recipe from allrecipes.com but I modified it, of course. Heaven forbid I make a recipe as written. The best part of this cake is that is can double as breakfast…there is banana in it…is that a stretch? No?

What you’ll need:

-          3 cups flour
-          1 teaspoon baking soda
-          1 teaspoon salt
-          1 teaspoon (overflowing) cinnamon
-          2 cups sugar



Mix all of this together in a big bowl.


In a separate bowl mix:

-          3 large eggs
-          1 cup vegetable oil
-          1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
-          2/3 cup milk

Stir together.

Mix wet and dry together. Add three chopped banana’s and however many pecans you can afford. Bake in three pans at 350 degrees for 28 minutes (that’s my oven) or until a toothpick comes out clean. I completely omitted the traditional pineapple from this dessert because I just don’t like it. Bleck.

I frosted this mother with a cream cheese, butter and icing sugar frosting.

It was delish! Although there was so much of we ended up bringing some to my mom and dads for them to enjoy.

--Siobhan xo


2 comments:

  1. ....and it was delicious for breakfast.... there is fruit in it so it is basically a breakfast item right??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your parents appreciated that. That...and tea, oh my! Nice photo of you two. ;)

    ReplyDelete