Tuesday 21 July 2015

Oatmeal and Banana Breakfast Bars

I found this recipe online for a really easy no bake breakfast bar and in my house the faster a recipe takes the better. This one took about 4 minutes of prep time and 40 minutes in the freezer.

(This is Shelley googling recipes...)

For this batch I used approx. 1.5 cups quick oats, .5 cup peanut butter, 2 ripe bananas, 2 pinches of flour and chocolate chips. Blended in the stand mixer and pressed into a lasagna pan. 


I froze it in the pan until it was solid enough to cut and then stored them in the fridge. I enjoyed how quick and easy they were. 



It was agreed that they should have a little more peanut butter in them. They would also taste great with nuts or dried fruits. I think I will have some fun experimenting with the recipe...and I'm sure my husband wont have any issues "testing" my creations.


--Siobhan

No comments:

Post a Comment