Friday 31 July 2015

Tiny Backyard Gardening

I don't have much of a backyard. Actually I have NO backyard, just some concrete slabs and a patio set.

Three-ish years ago my husband built me a little garden box out of shed shingles and random pieces of wood scavenged from my parents house. It's full of holes and kinda shallow but it's done it's job.

I usually grow my basil in it but one year I was able to grow sunflowers. I was pretty proud of that.


This year, not having the time available to tend a flower garden, I decided to just grow herbs. Basil, mostly, as I LOVE basil pesto, rosemary, chives and mint.






Here is my little garden end of May when I planted it.


 My dad told me this was a milkweed. Apparently they are excellent at attracting monarch butterflies! So I'm keeping it right where it is.


Annnnd here is my garden now.





Everything is growing really well. I also picked up some oregano and thyme to add to my collection. I don't know what I would do without fresh herbs available all summer!


--Siobhan xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment