Tuesday 8 September 2015

Lemon Mug Cake

I have seen a lot of recipes for these micro wave mug cakes.
We don't eat a lot of cake around here.
A beautiful chocolate layer cake once in awhile but  
 
 
 
 
unfortunately most of it ends up in our compost pile.
Sigh.....
Anyway I digress ......
 
 
 
A few weeks ago I found a post on Facebook with about 5 mug cake recipes
and thought I would give a go ..
Here is the recipe for the Lemon one
 
3 tbsp. flour
0ne quarter teaspoon baking powder
1 large egg
3 TBSP white sugar
2 TBSP veg oil
1 TSP lemon zest
2 TSP lemon juice
1 TBSP icing sugar
 
Spray or butter a 16 ounce mug
In a small bowl combine the dry ingredients
With a fork beat in the egg,oil, zest, and juice.
Pour into mug.
Microwave on high for 90 seconds
Cool, sprinkle with icing sugar, and eat directly out of mug
 
 
I found my cake was a bit too dry for my liking so am going to try again
except only "baking" it for 60 seconds.
 
There were also chocolate, coffee cake, pumpkin, s'mores, and banana.
I will take the mug cake bullet for the team and taste test them ALL
 
 
 
 
 
ciao for now
susan

1 comment:

  1. Perfect! for those hunger dessert pains! And, like you, I seem to throw out cake because we don't eat that much.

    ReplyDelete