Tuesday 6 October 2015

Zucchini Muffins (a win!)

After last weeks TOTAL failure of a day I'm not sure what compelled me to try ANOTHER new recipe. Well not totally new. I have made chocolate zucchini loaf before but this time I tried changing the recipe so it was a little healthier and I wouldn't feel so bad feeding it to Daphne.

The recipe had 2 cups of sugar. TWO. That's a lot. So I used half a cup of honey and half a cup of brown sugar instead. 

I substituted apple sauce for half the oil. I also added some quick oats and sub'd half the white flour for whole wheat.

All in all pretty successful. HURRAY!!!









Not as sweet as it would normally be but Daphne LOOOVES them! That's the most important thing to me. 

I did add a few chocolate chips so there is the occasional pop of super sweetness.

The recipe seemed really massive. It said it would make 12 muffins but I ended up with 12 muffins and a small-ish loaf. 

Excellent for breakfast or a little snack with a cup of tea in the afternoon.

--Siobhan xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment