Saturday 19 December 2015

DIY Sugar Lip Scrub

I have dry lips. Real dry.

Last time I was in Sephora I saw this scrub that is supposed to help remove dead skin and moisturize your lips. I really love the idea cause I love to wear a darker lip this time of year but a dark lip and crusty skin do not mix well.

Unfortunately the price tag for this bad boy was $26.00. I suppose that's not super ridiculous but it a 0.6oz container and I decided there were a million things I would rather spend $26.00 on.

The other night I randomly remembered this product so I thought I would try to find a similar product for cheaper.

Turns out you can make a sugar scrub with stuff you probably have in your cupboard.

You take 1 tablespoon of sugar (brown, white or a mixture of both) and add just enough honey, coconut oil or olive oil until it quite sticky. 
The instructions I found said you can add vanilla for the scent but it's not necessary. I chose to try it with just brown sugar and honey.

You can store it in a jar and use it once or twice a week. Thankfully I have 2-3 million baby food jars in my basement just waiting for a use. 


The instructions said to rub vigorously...either our views of vigorous vary wildly or my lips were really dry...cause they did bleed a very small amount the first time I did it. BUT it did remove all the dead skin and after a generous coat of Burts Bees my lips felt terrific.

I highly recommend trying this out if you suffer from dry lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment