Saturday 26 December 2015

One Pot Chicken Curry (so easy)

I love making curry, I'm sure you've noticed, so it's nice to have some one pot recipes in your arsenal.

So I start by browning chicken thighs in a cast iron pan. 


Then I take the chicken out and sautee onion/garlic and once they are soft I add 3 heaping tablespoons of curry powder, 1 tablespoon on fenugreek seeds and a sprinkling of turmeric. Cook until fragrant.


Once your done that you add 1.5 cups of chicken stock and half a small can of tomato paste. I cook it just long enough for the tomato paste to thicken the sauce.


Add the chicken back to the pan and cook in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes.


Once it comes out I remove the chicken and add a little yogurt to make it a little creamy. It does give it a curdled look to the sauce but its still tasty so it's worth the sacrifice of aesthetics.


I serve the chicken on rice and spoon the sauce over top so everyone get the amount they like. Will likes a lot more sauce than I do so this is a great way to please everyone.



I also like to add a little dollop of yogurt on top to serve. So good. One pot. It's about 15 minutes prep and 20 minutes in the oven. Serves a crowd or a couple with equal work. 


The price of my love of curry. A badly (or well) aimed splatter. There goes another shirt.


--Siobhan xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment