Tuesday 8 December 2015

Rachael Ray is an idiot (and a real lemon sorbet recipe)

I have never been a fan of Rachael Ray. Her food is less appealing than her personality, her hygiene leaves something to be desired and half the time she can't even manage to fully cook pasta on an edited televised program. So the other day I was searching the web for a lemon sorbet recipe I absent mindedly clicked on a Rachael Ray recipe...please read the "recipe" HERE.

THAT is not a recipe.

1 cup sugar
2 cups water
4 tablespoons lemon zest

Bring to a boil and then simmer for 3 minutes.

Strain

Then add:

1 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 clementine zested

Cool and add to your ice cream maker. 
Churn according to manufacturers instructions.

THAT is a recipe.

Food Network should be ashamed to put that on there website and call it a recipe. It's nothing more than a suggestion as to what goes well with store bought sorbet. The comments, on the other hand, had me in tears. Glad to see the majority of people agreed with me.

Oh, and yes, I did make the sorbet...with my recipe.







It is tart and sweet and really yummy!


So simple....maybe even as simple as Rachael.

No comments:

Post a Comment